The Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums!

5 posters

Go down

The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Empty The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums!

Post by igonnadestroyu Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:35 pm

:O
Sorry for the really long maintenance break guys.
For the past few hours I have been doing my best to improve this place.

I have installed a few exciting features, but only 2 of them I will list within this post.

The 1st one is the character sheet. Using this character sheet, it will be easier to create your RP character! All you have to do is go to the navigation bar at the top of this page, click 'Profile', find the link that says 'Character Profiles' (its right next to the link 'Watched Topic'). Then just click "Generate" and fill out the form to create your character! You can even upload a picture of your character if you have one! This way it will be easier to create your character, instead of finding the Character Profiles section and making a whole topic, while at the same time thinking of what kind of template you should use to fill it out. This way is quick and easy!

The 2nd feature in which I have installed is the points system. This system is one of the ways you will be rewarded on the forums. The way you can get points is by doing things like coming up with a really good idea, being a peacemaker in a fight, winning a game or tournament, or just being a good, active member. There are SO many ways you can get points. You can see how many points someone has by just looking under their avatar in one of their posts and it is right there (the bar)!
"But the bar only goes to 50!" you say. WELL, if you ever get 50 points, you will be rewarded with something extra, and your bar will start over. Wink

I have also deleted some forums in which we don't use, and I have also replaced them with certain forums. ( I will leave the Character Profiles lock for a few days while people can transfer their character profiles)

There are also a lot of other small features I have installed, but you will just have to figure them out yourself. Very Happy

If you have found any bugs or problems with the forum, please PM me with it!

Last edited by igonnadestroyu on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Number of posts : 618
The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.youareanidiotifyouclickhere.com

Back to top Go down

The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Empty Re: The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums!

Post by goth113 Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Well Done Andrew.

These are GREAT additions!

Very exciting!
goth113
goth113

Number of posts : 391
The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Empty Re: The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums!

Post by Blake Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:46 pm

I Agree with Leon

Great Work andrew

Sounds Good And We aprreciate It
Blake
Blake

Number of posts : 520
The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by UnknownStalker Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:07 pm

DOH! you guys are just being nice for sum points :-p

just kidding - good job andrew - it was worth the wait - except i wanna know what the OTHER updates were too :-p
UnknownStalker
UnknownStalker

Number of posts : 348
The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Empty ;OOOOOO

Post by igonnadestroyu Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks guys!

And they are small editions.
Small...yet useful. Razz
igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Back to top Go down

Post by igonnadestroyu Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Other things that will (hopefully) come to be:

• No more applications section, we will have another and better way to apply. >=)
  • Different homepage
  • A website? (That won't be as soon as others)
  • POSSIBLY a COMPLETE PhPBB 3 Forum.
igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Andrew if ya need any helo with forums i have a bit of expirience

so just lemme know

those ideas sound pretty good

especially the application one ;D
Blake
Blake

The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The (not new?) and improved ]H[ forums! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by igonnadestroyu Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks.

and Thanks for the offer but I think I am pretty good with forums. Very Happy
But if I want any help I might ask. Very Happy
igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu May 01, 2008 9:18 am

Yeah you are Probbly a lot better i have small expieirience ive made a couple of these forums

so just let me know
Blake
Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by igonnadestroyu Thu May 01, 2008 11:36 am

Well, if you have any ideas, I'm wide open for them. ust post them here or PM me.
igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu May 01, 2008 11:48 am

I dunno if this is possible but..

we could try and add like an avatar creator to make our characters
Blake
Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by igonnadestroyu Thu May 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Ehh, I would have to code that myself and would take a while. Thats why I made the character sheet. Cause in old fashion forum role-plays, you have to imagine EVERYTHING.
igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu May 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Yup i was just thinking maybe

upload a good url for making avatars or something like that
Blake
Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by igonnadestroyu Thu May 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Whats the link to those avatars you guys have in your profile?
igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Back to top Go down

Post by EatTheCookie. Thu May 01, 2008 1:20 pm

i normally google tek tek
and it's the gaia dream avatar maker or summit
EatTheCookie.
EatTheCookie.

Number of posts : 80

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by igonnadestroyu Thu May 01, 2008 1:22 pm

igonnadestroyu
igonnadestroyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu May 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Yup thats it

Cuz i remember when i first started on forums i was admiring everyone's avatar

so i thought it would be nice to post the link so everyone can make one
Blake
Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum